Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Olympics Opening Ceremony Day! I hope there's cake...

I have the Olympic Fanfare stuck in my head. That’s a LOT of trumpets to be in one head. I had the misfortune of playing said song in concert band in 10th grade and ever since, I hear one bar of it and it’s a trumpet explosion in my noodle. Thankfully, I played the saxophone so my part was just a bunch of blunt whole notes. (I excelled at those.) But I digress… HUZZAH!  It’s time to root for the good ol’ US of A and marvel at such amazing events like the ski jump, and ice skating, and that one where they cross country ski and then shoot stuff. Well, gotta give them points for practicality. When the ice age comes around again, they’re going to fair much better than the ice dancers. (Won’t we all?)


With the Opening Ceremony at hand, we end our tribute to Shaun "Animal" White and release the final webisodes shot by Jason Farrand for HP. 




Fun fact for the day, Shaun’s brother, Jesse, is a designer at Burton and runs the apparel dept in California. He came to set on the second day with a couple of tshirts that he had designed. You’ll see Barak (the bearded character, who also goes by Bu-Bar) in one of the tees. Another fun fact, Bu-Bar was also in the Dockers “no pants” spot in the Superbowl. I don’t think he had to dig too deep into his actor-inspiration to enjoy running around in underpants. (I’m going out on a limb here, but it seems like a sturdy limb.)




Hope you’ve enjoyed all 13 episodes. If you missed any along the way, here’s the full set of links. Share with your friends! 


Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4 / Final


Wish there were more, but maybe a The Flying Tom…ahem!  I mean, Animal, will be down for shooting more after he’s won a few more gold metals. Here’s hoping on both counts. Have a great weekend everyone!!



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails